Salt Spa Terms of Service and Etiquette
- All Salt Spa clients must fill out an intake form and receive an orientation prior to attending their first salt therapy session.
- All Sessions: Please wear clothing that has been washed since you last smoked in it. Please make sure hair has been shampooed since your last cigarette (we can help with that in our salon if you came unprepared.)
- Community Sessions: Use the room only if you have been cigarette-free for more than 72 hours.
Couple’s Sessions, Private Sessions, or Room Rental: Use the room before your first cigarette of the day (i.e. your last cigarette was the previous night before bed.)
- You are responsible for your personal items. We do have trunks in the salt room, but they are shared and do not lock. We suggest that you leave all personal items in your car as we will not be responsible for any lost, damaged, or stolen items.
- Please arrive 10-20 minutes prior to your session start time to prepare (use restroom, store belongings, adjust clothing and footwear, find reading materials, secure your spa seat, etc.).
- Community sessions begin shortly after the hour and rarely begin past 10 minutes after the hour. Once a session has begun, we discourage clients from entering the salt rooms so as not to disturb seated clients. Late comers will be booked in the next available session.
- Use of the Salt Spa must be avoided during the acute or contagious phase of any illness, including colds, flu, infections with a fever, acute active tuberculosis, cardiac insufficiency, COPD in 3rd stage, spitting of blood, alcohol or drug intoxication, unstable or uncontrolled hypertension and acute stages of respiratory diseases.
- Socks are required in the salt rooms at all times. No shoes or bare feet are allowed! Clean socks are available for a modest rental charge.
- You may want to bring the following items: book, magazine (no perfumed ads), tissues, ear plugs, small head pillow, light blanket, or a small towel to cough into if needed.
- In order to maintain a spa environment we suggest that you use your time in the room to read, sleep or meditate. While chatting in a community session is discouraged, a “symphony of sounds” coming from other clients during salt therapy sessions. Please do your best to accept and associate these sounds as signs of healing! Feel free to bring earplugs if you are sensitive to noises.
In Consideration of Others
- Unless there is an emergency, please do not leave the salt room while a session is in progress.
- Do not use any perfumes, lotions, or any kinds of fragrances when you attend a session.
- If you experience excessive coughing, kindly cough into a tissue (provided) to help muffle the sound.
- If you are prone to excessive snoring, we encourage you to sit more upright, try to stay awake, and take deeper breaths during your treatments. This will help to reduce snoring.
- Please refrain from shuffling papers while in a community session.
- Please let us know as soon as possible if you are unable to make it to a scheduled salt therapy session.
- Children must be at least 10 years old (and able to remain quiet for the 45-minute session) to participate in a community session
- Children under 16 must be accompanied by an adult to participate in a community session.
- Children under 10 are not permitted in community sessions, and must be accompanied by an adult for any private, group or rental sessions.
- Please play with the salt, but do not throw it. Please clean up toys/books at the end of your session.